Jefferson Loving Cup and Wine Trophy:
Jefferson Cup Information
The ASWA’s sterling silver Tiffany-produced Jefferson Loving Cup and Wine Trophy has been awarded since 1982 to the winning wine and winery of the annual Virginia Wine Competition, which was conducted by the Vinifera Wine Growers Association (VWGA), the precursor to the Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association.
In 2005, the annual VWGA Virginia state wine competition was reorganized into the current Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition which is open to wine entries from all wine producing states of the east coast, including the three landlocked states of West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Vermont, seventeen states in all.
Each winning wine and winery of the VWGA/ASWA-conducted wine competition over the past 31 years has been hand-engraved on the cup itself or machine engraved on a plaque attached to the cup’s wooden base.
Jefferson Cup Winners
Dr. Konstantin Frank Vinifera Wine Cellars of Hammondsport, NY has been awarded the Best of Show trophy of their 2014 Semi-Dry Riesling in this year’s annual Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association wine competition in which 92 wineries representing 12 east coast states entered a total of 503 wines.
The Best of Show trophy, the sterling sliver Tiffany Jefferson Loving Cup, was presented to Frederick Frank the owner of Dr. Konstantin Frank vineyards of Hammondsport, NY in the Finger Lakes region on 22 October 2015 at the annual Congressional awards and tasting reception on Capitol Hill sponsored by the Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association (ASWA) in cooperation with the Congressional Wine Caucus. Presenting the Cup was Representative Tom Reed ( R-NY-23rdh), Mr. Frank’s Congressional representative.
- 2015 Dr. Konstantin Frank Vinifera Wine Cellars, Hammondsport, NY 2014 Semi-Dry Riesling
- 2014 Chateau Frank, Hammondsport, NY, 2008 Blanc de Noirs
- 2013 Boordy Vineyards, Hydes, Maryland, 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve
- 2011 Martha Clara Vineyards, New York, 2010 Estate Reserve Riesling
- 2010 Rosemont Vineyards & Winery, Virginia, 2007 Meritage
- 2009 Chateau Lafayette Reneau Winery, New York, 2008 Semi-Dry Riesling
- 2008 Newport Vineyards & Winery, Rhode Island, 2007 Riesling
- 2007 Fox Meadow Winery, Virginia, 2005 Cabernet Franc
- 2006 Osprey’s Dominion Vineyards, New York, 2002 Merlot Reserve
- 2005 Rockbridge Vineyards, Virginia, 2002 Heritage
- 2004 Barboursville Vineyards, 2001 Octagon V
- 2003 Rappahannock Cellars, 2002 Viognier Rockbridge Vineyards, 2002 V d’Or
- 2002 Barboursville Vineyards, 2001 Sauvignon Blanc
- 2001 Chrysalis Vineyards, 2000 Viognier
- 2000 Breaux Vineyards, 1999 Viognier
- 1999 Linden Vineyards & Winery
- 1998 Barboursville Vineyards
- 1997 Autumn Hill Vineyards
- 1996 Horton Cellars Winery
- 1995 Montdomaine Cellars
- 1994 Prince Michel Vineyards
- 1993 Montdomaine Cellars
- 1992 Piedmont Vineyards & Winery
- 1991 Montdomaine Cellars The Williamsburg Winery
- 1990 Montdomaine Cellars
- 1989 Willowcroft Farm Vineyard
- 1988 Dominion Wine Cellars
- 1987 Misty Mountain Vineyard
- 1986 Ingleside Vineyards
- 1985 Ingleside Vineyards
- 1984 Tri-Mountain Winery