pix

The Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association (ASWA) is one of the oldest wine organizations located on the East Coast. Established in 1973 as the Vinifera Wine Growers Association (VWGA), it was an early supporter of planting world-class Vinifera wine grapes, the production of quality commercial wines, and the building of a wine industry along the Eastern seaboard.
We are an organization dedicated to the promotion of East Coast wines, wineries and winemakers.

Hosted Luncheon

2 February 2014

The group at Anne Vercelli's hosted luncheon on 2nd Feb 2014. ASWA Vice President, David Barber, sits at the foot of the table flanked by invitees. Down the right side of the table from top to bottom is Nick Frey, Anne Vercelli, Ken Landis, Angie Frey and Kent Rosenblum. Atlantic seaboard wines are spread throughout the table.
A group photo of the luncheon group. In the back row from left to right is Kent Rosenblum, owner of Rock Wall Wine Company, Ken Landis, Chef and co-owner at Landis Shores Resort in Half Moon Bay and Nick Frey, recently retired President of the Sonoma County WineGrape Commission. In the Center row from left to right is Tom Simoneau, wine-maker and KSRO radio talk show host, Brenda Simoneau, Ellen Landis, co-owner of Landis Shores Resort and wine writer, Rich Hutchinson, owner and wine-maker at Amphora Winery in Sonoma, Angie Frey and Kathy Rosenblum. Seated from left to right is Carl Brandhorst, President ASWA, David Barber, VP ASWA and Debra del Fiorentino, Director of Competitions for Vineyard and Winery Management magazine.

The Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association’s (ASWA) West Coast Representative, Ms. Anne Vercelli, hosted a luncheon for the association to highlight wines from the competition on 2 February 2014 at her home. Ms. Vercelli lives in Healdsburg, CA and is a culinary instructor at Santa Rosa Junior College as well as a food and wine judge in various Sonoma county competitions. ASWA President, Carl Brandhorst and Vice President, David Barber were in attendance. Ms. Vercelli's goal was to invite grape growers, members of the media, wine judges and resort owners to sample east coast wines. Attendees included Kent Rosenblum and his wife Kathy owner and wine-maker of Rock Wall Cellars in Alameda, along with Rich Hutchinson owner and wine-maker at Amphora Winery in Sonoma, Debra Del Florentino head of wine competitions for Vineyard and Winery magazine , Ellen and Ken Landis wife judges and owners of Landis Shores resort in Half Moon Bay attended, Tom Simoneau, small wine-maker and the “Wine Guy” on KRSO radio along with his wife Brenda,and Nick Frey, former Director of the Sonoma County Winegrape Commission and his wife Angie. It was full house. Seventeen award winning wines from the recent ASWA wine competition were presented along with an eight course luncheon.

The wines enjoyed at the luncheon were the following:

  1. ANYELA’S VYDS (NY), 2010, NOIRET, (SILVER)
  2. BARRELL OAK VYDS (VA), 2011, CHARDONNAY (SILVER)
  3. BELIVEAU VYDS (VA), NV, A CAPPELLA (BRONZE), (100% LANDOT NOIR)
  4. COYOTO MOON (NY), NV, ISLAND MANA (BRONZE) (100% LA CRESCENT)
  5. COYOTO MOON (NY), NV, CASA PAPA RED (BRONZE) (MARQUETTE 58%, CHANCELLOR 12%, GR 7 30%)
  6. FIRST COLONY WINERY (VA), NV, ZEPHYR (SILVER-BOC) (65% VIDAL BLANC, 26% PETIT MASENG, 9% TRAMINETTE)
  7. GREENWOOD WINERY (NY), NV, RUDDY DUCK RED (BRONZE) (NOIRET 90%, CONCORD 10%)
  8. HORTON VYDS (VA), 2012, RKATSITELI (BRONZE)
  9. JAMES RIVER CELLARS (VA), 2012, CHARDONEL (BRONZE)
  10. MARTHA CLARA VYDS (NY), 2012, RIESLING (SILVER)
  11. ROSEMONT OF VA (VA), 2010, CAB FRANC (GOLD)
  12. SUNSET HILLS VYDS (VA ), 2012 CHARDONNAY VYDS #1 ( GOLD)
  13. ALBA VYDS (NJ) , 2012, RIESLING (BRONZE)
  14. BARREL OAK (VA), 2011 CAB FRANC RESERVE (GOLD)*
  15. BARREL OAK (VA), 2012, NORTON (SILVER)
  16. BLUESTONE VYDS (VA), 2011, VIOGNIER (GOLD)
  17. CYPRESS BEND VYDS (NC) , NV, LING (SILVER) (100% CARLOS-MUSCADINE)

The luncheon table at Anne Vercelli's house in Healdsburg, CA on 2 Feb 2014
One of the east coast wines served at the Anne Vercelli hosted luncheon on 2 Feb 2014. The wine is from Cypress Bend Vineyards in Wagram, North Carolina, called "Livy" and was a silver medal winner if the 2013 ASWA annual wine competition. It is 100% Carlos Muscadine.

In Memoriam

Founding Member Juanita Swedenburg

Founding Member Juanita Swedenburg


Contributions in memoriam accepted:

Learn More...

Contact

Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association

Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association

P.O. Box 11332
Burke, VA 22009

Phone: 703-323-6873
Email: info@aswawines.org

About

Formerly Known As:

Vinifera Wine Growers Association

Maintained by:
Moe Technologies, Inc.

© Copyright 2016 • All rights reserved
Contact: webmaster@aswawines.org