- Promoting general public wine education and appreciation.
- Promoting consumer public wine enjoyment and responsible moderate consumption as part of a healthy life style.
- Supporting state, national, and international wine educational forums and research.
- Supporting state and national production of quality wine and the marketability of American wines.
- Vigorously supporting state and federal legislation thats favorable to growth and economic viability of the U.S. wine industry.
- Strengthening cooperation with other wine organizations in addressing wine issues of common concern.
- Sponsoring an annual Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, an annual wine festival, and other public wine events.